Should you apply for a Canada study visa under the SDS category or show financial proof?
Are you torn between applying for an SDS study visa or providing regular financial proof with a higher success rate? Each option has its own specifics and is suitable for different individuals. Explore with LOA Portal and find the right decision!
Why apply for a Canadian study visa?
A Canadian study visa is a legal document confirming the right to enter Canada for educational purposes. This visa allows students to participate in registered courses and programs, enabling them to accumulate knowledge and skills in their desired field.
Additionally, the visa stipulates the legal stay duration in Canada. The Canadian study visa is usually granted based on the study period and can be extended depending on the duration of the student's academic program.
Two most popular ways to apply for a Canadian study visa
- Financial proof category: With this option, students need to clearly demonstrate their family's financial sources to cover tuition and living expenses throughout their study journey in Canada to be granted a visa.
- Study Direct Stream (SDS) : This program was established by the Canadian government and implemented in Vietnam in 2018. The main goal of SDS is to simplify the approval process and document preparation, making it more convenient for international students who wish to study in Canada.
Comparison of differences between applying for a Canada study visa under the Financial Proof category and SDS category
|Except high school grads
|Some with DLI code
|IELTS Academic 6.0 or higher
|Income proof, assets, savings, land deeds, etc
|Open a Canadian bank account with a minimum of 20,635 CAD
|Yêu cầu đóng học phí trước
|1-year tuition fees
Learn more: How to write an effective study plan
When should you apply for a Canada study visa under SDS?
- Post-secondary students (College, University, post-graduate)
- Studying at institutions with a DLI code
- Already have an IELTS certificate with a score of 6.0 or higher
- Desire a simplified and faster visa approval process
- Difficulty in providing monthly income proof
- Have enough finances to pay 1-year tuition fees and secure an investment certificate of 20,635 CAD
Who is the regular financial Proof category suitable for?
- All students, including high school graduates
- No IELTS certificate or IELTS score below 6.0
- Sufficient documentation of monthly income and family assets
The decision to apply for a study visa is crucial in your journey. To answer the question "Should you apply for a Canadian study visa under SDS or provide financial proof?", carefully consider the conditions of each visa category. Choose the visa type that aligns with your financial situation and personal experience preferences to ensure a smooth and successful study journey in Canada.
Tags:Canada study visa