Bachelor Of Education
Is highly competitive:
School:UOM - University of Manitoba
Arts & Culture
Intake and availability
Gain the foundation you need to build a meaningful, fulfilling career in the ever-changing teaching and learning environment. After a first degree, our Bachelor of Education (BEd) program offers a wide variety of courses and will prepare you for a career in education in just two years.
The Bachelor of Education is a two-year program following the completion of a first bachelor’s degree which meets admissions requirements.
Expected duration: 2 years (full-time)
Students are required to complete a total of 60 credit hours of study which includes 24 weeks of practicum experience.
The Bachelor of Education program will prepare students for a career in education through a mix of classroom learning and hands-on experience in a variety of settings including urban, rural, French immersion, northern and international settings.
Part-time options are available, though day-time attendance is required and practicum experience requires full-time attendance.
The following are minimum requirements for entry into the Bachelor of Education program. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Early and Middle Years Programs
A recognized bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 90 credit hours and the requirements for two different subjects plus a breadth component as follows:
- 18 credit hours in a teachable major
- 12 credit hours in a teachable minor
- 6 credit hours English literature or French literature
- 6 credit hours Social Studies (History or Geography)
- 6 credit hours Mathematics (or Statistics)
- 6 credit hours Science (Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology or Physics)
Senior Years Program
A recognized bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 90 credit hours and the requirements for two different subjects:
- 30 credit hours in a teachable major
- 18 credit hours in a teachable minor