Interactive Design and Technology
Is highly competitive:
Science & Engineering Technology
Intake and availability
Are you interested in design and website development, interactive media, digital marketing, computer graphics? Do you have a creative mind, good problem-solving skills, enjoy working with computer software and hardware?
With technology literally reinventing the way we do things (think mobile, 3D printing, social media), now is a great time to turn your interest into a career. Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers a two-year Interactive Design and Technology (IDT) diploma program.
The Interactive Design and Technology program is offered full-time at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus and Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus, with some courses available online through distance learning.
In the first year, you'll get an overall foundation in:
- professional practices
- design principles and processes
- web page design and development
- raster and vector graphic creation and editing
- writing for social and interactive media
- photography, audio and video
In the second year, you'll build your skills in:
- management principles, analytics and usability studies
- self-promotion and digital marketing
- interactive authoring
- customizing Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Grade 12
- English Language Requirement
To be successful in the program, you will require basic computer literacy
Applicants who do not possess the academic qualifications for a program may be admitted if evidence of probable success can be established through an alternative admission assessment. Applicants are automatically considered for alternative admission. However, some specific admission requirements may still need to be met.